Pages

Monday, May 26, 2014

Memorial Day Sale!!

Happy Memorial Day everyone!!  I would like to thank all of the brave soldiers out there who fight so hard to keep us free, including many of my own family members.  Today is a day to remember all of those who gave their all to preserve the security of this wonderful country of ours!!

In order to show my appreciation, I am throwing a 15% off SALE in my TPT store.  EVERY item is on sale through midnight of May 27th.  Come and check out some of the great new activities I have been working on, and pick up a few freebies while you're there!

Need some Word Work activities to use during Daily 5 rotations or center time?  Check these out!!

http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Forest-Animal-Themed-Word-Work-Activities-1255288

This is a packet of three word work activities that I created to go along with our fourth quarter study of the animals of the world and their habitats.  There is an activity to pick a CVC picture card and find the matching word on their recording sheet, an activity to roll a cube and identify the CVC picture and then fill in a box on their recording sheet, and a Concentration-type CVC game that could also be placed at a pocket chart center.  If you download the preview, you can see a glimpse of what is included in the packet.

Believe it or not, my kinders are working on identifying the five main parts of a sentence, including that it must have a beginning capital letter, ending punctuation, a subject, and a verb.  I created a Write the Room activity where they crack the picture code in order to write a simple sight word sentence.  They are then to illustrate the sentence, which shows their understanding of the sentence.  My littles then diagram the sentence by using our 'stop light' symbols to show the main parts of the sentence.  This became such a HUGE hit in my room, I created a second packet (and am working on a third!)

http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Sentence-Detectives-Case-1-A-Write-the-Room-Activity-1255551

http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Sentence-Detectives-Case-2-A-Write-the-Room-Activity-1255631

I hope you take a few minutes to hop on over to my TPT store and snag some activities!  Have a great holiday!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment