Pages

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Come On Spring!!

Holey Moley, yesterday was yet ANOTHER snow day for us!  I took advantage of the three-day weekend and spent my time making products for my TPT store.  Since I am heartily SICK of winter already, and MORE THAN READY  for spring to get here, I created some products with a more spring-time feel.  Since my very favorite holiday is only 13 days away (St. Patrick's Day) I made a freebie to help celebrate!  Plus, once St. Pat's Day gets here I know that spring only a few short days away!!

In my room, I have a small handful of students who have still not been able to master their alphabet recognition, by letter name or letter sound.  In my school we are SO VERY LUCKY to have a full-time RTI teacher.  For any of you who are unfamiliar with that acronym, RTI is Response to Intervention, and it is how our district addresses the varied needs of our student population.  Our RTI teacher, Mrs. Jeffers (or Jeffers and she is fondly known) takes our struggling littles for 30 minutes every day to reinforce their alphabet skills.  Since I figured she was probably getting a bit tired of going over the same four letters over and over again, I created an activity where those students can draw an alphabet card, ID it by name or sound, and then find the matching letter on a response sheet and dot it with a BINGO dotter.  They LOVE to use those dotters!  Follow the pic to my TPT store to grab a copy for yourself, if any of your littles still need help with alphabet skills.
http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/ABCDot-An-Alphabet-Game-for-RTI-1145659

I am also hard at work on some St. Patrick's Day activities, including having a very sneaky visitor who does lots of naughty things around the school!  This is one of my absolute FAVORITE STEM projects, and I can't wait to get started on trying to trap that sneaky guy!  Here is a St. Patrick's Day activity that will help you littles with their number partners for the numbers 5, 6, and 10!  It uses double-sided counters and those ever-so-wonderful double-sided counters!  Click on the pic to go to my TPT store to get a copy for yourselves!
http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/St-Patricks-Day-Shake-and-Spill-for-the-Partners-of-5-6-and-10-1145707





Last, but certainly not least, is a little freebie I've cooked up for you!  Since I am so very ready for spring to get here, I made a St. Pat's Day themed activity where students match a teen number card to a set of shamrocks.  There are even two assessment pages included!  Click on the picture to go grab a copy for yourself, and PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE become one of my TPT followers! I only need 10 more to get to 100 followers, and then I have another freebie for you!

http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Ten-and-Some-More-Shamrocks-1145691

Stay tuned for more upcoming products and freebies!  My kinders are helping to encourage their 5th Grade Buddies on their State Assessment this week, so I will be sharing the cutsie treat labels we've used this week!


0 comments:

Post a Comment