It's the weekend!!! I now many of you have been in school for several weeks while others have just started. Today marked Day 12 for me, and we have YET to have a 5-day week!!
Since it's Saturday that means it's time to link up for Spotlight Saturday!
My Spotlight today is short and sweet, but definitely from the heart!!
My district has this incredibly wonderful amazing department called Print and Distribution. In this land of awesomeness, there is a team of 3-4 men and women who spend their days fulfilling the printing requests of people in our county.
Anyone who works in our district, from custodian to teacher to administration, can make a request from Print and Distribution.
The amazing folks who work here are so incredible I just had to share their awesomeness with you all!!
Here's how it works. I fill out a request form, which instructs P&D with what I want. I attach my document and email it to them with the request form. Now the magic happens!
P&D will print WHATEVER I want, HOWEVER many copies I want! They will print it on whatever type and color of paper I want, literally any shade you can think of. My go-to has always been thick white cardstock.
They will print my documents IN COLOR on the cardstock, however many copies I request.
Hold on, it gets even better!! Not only will they print my resources in color, but they will then LAMINATE every. single. page. No joke, it could be 300 pages (and yes, that has happened before!) and they will print each page on cardstock, in color, and then laminate each and every one. After each page is laminated, they slice them apart and trim up the edges. Finally, they send me my documents through our school mail system.
How INCREDIBLE is that??!! They will even create giant posters and bound books. We can send them things to be laminated, too. If I have a stack of resources I mounted on construction paper, I can send them the whole stack to be laminated. They'll laminate and trim up every page then send them back to me.
I'm sorry I have no pictures, but you'll have to take my word for it that these folks are so incredibly wonderful. They have saved my life at the beginning of each year, helping me to get my classroom ready by printing and laminating everything I need. I am so incredibly grateful for this department in my district.
Do you have anything like our Print and Distribution? I'd love to hear about it in the comments!
You can link up and have a Teacher's Show and Tell by showcasing your favorite products, ideas, resources, tips, tricks, activities, and anything else that will help make our classroom lives easier, more awesome, or both!
Please feel free to use whichever Spotlight Saturday images you would like in your post. Also, if the person/company you are Spotlighting has a Facebook page you should give them a shout-out and let them know about your post! Follow the rules and then link up. I can't wait to read about all the awesome resources you are showcasing!!
1) You need to spotlight an educational resource that either you have created or you have found from someone else and love! This means you must link up with a blog post you have written putting an activity or idea in the Spotlight. Please do not link directly to a product in Teachers Pay Teachers or Teacher's Notebook or similar sites.
2) If you are Spotlighting a product from your own TPT store or that of another seller, make sure that in your blog post you Spotlight a freebie or a paid product. If you have a freebie and a paid product from the same seller, feel free to use both in your post. If all you have is a freebie, then post about the freebie and how you used it. You can also Spotlight a freebie that someone else created along with a product that you created.
2) Make sure to give credit where credit is due! You will need to include the name of the creator as well as a link to their TPT or Teacher's Notebook store where others can get a copy of the resource as well.
3) Include pictures of the product in your post, either screen shots or photographs of your kiddos actually using the product. Give us a snapshot, just a brief glimpse into how the product or activity works. Just an image of the cover and one of the pages you have listed in the preview of the activity on TPT would be fine. It gives readers a visual and helps them better understand what your product is all about.
4) Make sure to leave a comment on the post of the two people before your post and the person after. This will help get conversation rolling, and will make sure everyone feels recognized for their efforts!
5) This is not the place to share your frustrations or disappointment with an activity or how you would have done it differently. If you are unsatisfied with your purchase that is a private conversation you need to have with the seller via email. This is not a link up to bash any sellers or their products, and any posts like that WILL BE DELETED!!
6) Follow my blog with Bloglovin' to make sure you are kept up to date on all the latest link up additions. Don't forget to follow my Facebook page too to keep up with all the notifications I send out!
7) To Link Up, you will need to click on the small blue button underneath my closing signature. It is directly under my name on the left hand side of the blog.