Pages

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

NO INTERNET!!

  Holy Problems, Blog Followers!!  I have NO INTERNET at home!!  I haven't had internet at my apartment in over three weeks!!!  Yes, I am going CRAZY!!  I must apologize for not keeping up with my blog the way I had originally planned before life went all crazy on me.  Now with the internet....ARGH!!!
  For the majority of our science curriculum we do a study of and a focus on trees and how they change throughout the seasons.  We focus on the main parts of the tree; roots, trunk, branches, and leaves.  We do as many activities we can find about trees, and one of our favorites is when we go on a Nature Walk and about our very own class tree.  We will visit this tree during each of the four seasons to view how it has changed.  We will come back into the classroom and record our observations in our Class Tree Journal, and at the end of the year we will get to have a Teddy Bear Picnic with our 5th Grade Buddies out under our class tree.
  One of my amazing team mates found an incredibly fun activity on Pinterest (how much do you LOVE Pinterest???!!!) where we use pretzel rods, pretzel sticks, and grapes to complete a model of the parts of the tree.  After we used the edible tools, we had our kinders label the parts of their tree.  I took a picture of each student's model and used that picture to determine their science grade.  They had TONS of fun making their incredibly edible models, and after they were able to show me their work they were allowed to eat their models!!  If you teach anything about trees, you should totally try this 'Pinteresting' activity!!


0 comments:

Post a Comment