Pages

Saturday, September 6, 2014

Five for Friday, Late Again

What would Saturday be without my Five for Friday post!!  I'm linking up, late, with Doodle Bugs Teaching for her Five for Friday linky party.  Here are 5 things from my week!!

These fabulous numbers are a creation of Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Designs!!



One of the ways I am trying to handle supplies this year is to have my kinders keep their crayons inside these little plastic snack containers.  I found them three for a dollar at The Dollar Tree, and they fit a 24 box of crayons perfectly.  My kinders who had a 16 count box are also able to keep their glue sticks inside.  I wasn't sure how individual supplies were going to work, but so far so good!!


I'm having them keep all of their supplies in these pouches I picked up at The Dollar Tree.  As long as my kinders are gentle with them, they seem to hold up okay.  I labeled each one to match their locker number, since they are keeping these pouches inside their lockers when they are not using them.

Besides the crayon box pictured above, I have them keep several other supplies inside as well.

Each of them have a pair of scissors, a pencil, a glue stick, and their crayon box in the largest part of the pouch.


In the smaller part of the pouch, they are keeping a dry erase marker and a felt scrap that we use as an eraser for our white boards.  I have a class set of student-sized white boards, but those all stay on a shelf in my closet until we need them.




I am still working on getting this mess organized.  Don't judge.  ;-)

I don't know about you all, but music is my Happy Place.  Whenever I'm listening to music I can let my mind fly far, far away!!  I love to slip on a pair of headphones and decompress from a long day by listening to my favorite songs.  Well, recently I decided to treat myself to  a new stereo system.
This little cutie is my new best friend!  I got a beats by Dre Pill, which is a Bluetooth music player that can play music from my phone and other electronic devices.  The speaker itself sits inside the little guy's mouth, and the sound is AMAZING!!!  I'm loving being able to listen to music that is so crisp and clear.  LOVE!!!


This upcoming week our kindergarten team is going to be focusing on some of the basic 2D shapes that we need to cover this year.  We decided to start out SLOWLY and then work up towards those tricky multi-sided shapes.  This week we are going to introduce the circle, oval, triangle, square, rectangle, and MAYBE rhombus.  We will focus on identifying the shapes by the number of sides they have, as well as learning that their shape remains the same no matter what size it is or how you turn it around.  One of the resources we're going to use during our small group reading rotations is an EZ Reader I created that focuses on those simple shapes as well as color words, number words, and some very basic sight words.  I've decided to offer this little book, as well as the assessment sheet I made to go with it, as a FREEBIE in my TPT store!!  Please come grab a copy for yourself if you are going to be teaching these shapes any time soon!!


Click on the image above to head over to my TPT store to grab a copy for yourself!!  Please remember to rate it and leave me some feedback, I'd love to hear how you use it in your classroom!!


Don't forget to head on over to Doodle Bugs Teaching to see who else has linked up with her Five for Friday linky party!!



6 comments:

  1. What a great way to organize your supplies! I feel like I change the way keep my supplies every other year or so. LOVE the shapes book! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by and commenting, you're so sweet!!! I'm liking this new method so far, and they're doing a good job with it!! Pretty soon I'm going to be blogging about one of the ideas I stole from you for my Blocks Center!! ;-) I hope you're able to use the shapes book!!

      Delete
  2. Your little Dre Pill is too cute! And you're not the only one still organizing school closets & teaching supplies! My math resources have been on the needs organizing To Do list for weeks.

    Learning at the Teacher Table

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh good, I'm glad I'm not the only one who is still setting up their classroom...even though the kiddos have been back for a few weeks now!! Thank you so very much for taking the time to stop by, read my post, and comment!! It really means a lot!!

      Delete
  3. Well I would love to have your closet, not matter what condition it was in...lol. I have very limited storage space. I am a music lover too. My son has beats headphones and I didn't believe it until I used them one day how wonderful the sound was. I am going to put that cute "pill" on my Christmas wish list. Thanks so much fro the shape freebie. It looks fantastic!

    ~Laura
    Luv My Kinders

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so very right!! I am VERY lucky to have such a great storage space!! One of my goals this year is to finally be more organized, and the picture is a bit of a dig at myself that I haven't yet been able to be as organized as I want to!! :-) I'm very much IN LOVE with this little guy and the pill, and I am now going to add the beats headphones to my wish list!! Slipping on a pair of headphones and listening to my favorite songs is one of the best ways to let my imagination run free!! :-) You are so very welcome!! I hope that your kinders enjoy the shape book!! Have a wonderful week!!

      Delete