Happy Friday everyone! I'm sure there are many of you who are all done with school for the year, and I hope you get to relax and recuperate this summer! For those of you like the teachers in my district that have a few more weeks of school, hang in there! Summer is almost here!
I would LOVE for you to use this graphic when you're talking about this link up or when you're linking back to my blog! Just right click and save to your desktop then upload into your post, or take a screen shot and upload it that way. I would LOVE to see this graphic flying all over the internet, and I KNOW you can all make that happen!!
Tomorrow is Saturday, and you know what that means! Time for my weekly Link Up, Spotlight Saturday!! This is my very first linky party and I would very much LOVE for you to join up! This linky is all about showcasing your hard work and the hard work of others. You will be able to link up until the end of the week, so please check back through the week to continue to bask in the Spotlight! :-)
Here's the deal. Spotlight Saturday is a weekly linky party where bloggers can link up to Spotlight one of their very favorite activities. This could be an activity or product from your Teachers Pay Teachers store that you are super proud of and want to share with the world. It could be a product that you purchased or won from another seller that you are just so blown away with you simply had to talk all about it. Or you could Spotlight an activity from one of your Pinterest boards that you either have tried or are going to try.
If you are Spotlighting resources or products from a TPT store, I ask that you begin your post by Spotlighting a 'Forever Freebie' from the seller's store as well as a paid product. A Forever Freebie is a product that the seller has in their store that will ALWAYS be free. Sometimes sellers offer products for free as a *Flash Freebie* or as free for a limited time only. Make sure the freebie that you Spotlight is one that will always be free, so that anyone reading your post isn't disappointed when they go to download the awesome resource you just showcased and once they reach the seller's store they find out it isn't free anymore. Remember to be gentle. The people who create activities and resources to post in their TPT store have most likely spent many hours on their creations, and they are proud of their hard work. This is not the time to talk about how disappointed you were with the product or how you would have done it completely differently. Keep those thoughts in emails that you share with the seller, don't put them on blast here! Those kinds of negative posts WILL BE DELETED FROM THE LINKY!!!
I have been lucky enough to 'meet' a whole lot of wonderful people through this blogging experience! In my efforts to get my name out there I have met educators with similar goals. I love linking up with other educator bloggers because I always learn so much from them and it is so great to have friends in this community! Spotlight Saturday is a great way to not only share your products with the blogging world but to also give shout outs to those creators and designers whose work you just LOVE!
1) You need to spotlight an educational resource that either you have created or you have found from someone else and love!
2) Make sure to give credit where credit is due! You will need to include the name of the creator as well as a link to their TPT or Teacher's Notebook store where others can get a copy of the resource as well.
3) Include pictures of the product in your post, either screen shots or photographs of your kiddos actually using the product.
4) Make sure to leave a comment on the post of the two people before your post and the person after. This will help get conversation rolling, and will make sure everyone feels recognized for their efforts!
5) Follow my blog with Bloglovin' to make sure you are kept up to date on all the latest link up additions. Don't forget to follow my Facebook page too to keep up with all the notifications I send out!
6) To Link Up, you will need to click on the small blue button underneath my closing signature. It is directly under my name on the left hand side of the blog, and looks like this:
This is not the link you need to click ^^^^^, it is just an image of the button you are looking for.
You will need to find this matching image underneath my signature on the left hand side of the blog. Look down there and then click on this button. It will redirect you to the inlinkz page where you can read a bit more about the linky party and then click to link up your post! I'm really excited to see how this works, and I can't wait to have you link up! **My 'PIN ME" dragon button pops up whenever you hover over the image, so make sure to click on the SIDE of the dragon. Click the blue box and NOT the dragon, or you'll be pinning the image instead of heading over to inlikz to link up. This is my VERY FIRST TIME doing anything like this, and I would LOVE whatever advice you might have to make this process even better! Thank you so much!!
You can read about some of the Spotlight Saturday posts I have already done by clicking on the images below! Happy blogging!!