Pages

Sunday, May 10, 2015

Spending Sunday

Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there! I lost my mom in 2013, but I still love her with all of my heart!

It's Sunday, a day oft known for being a way to relax and recharge for the upcoming week. Although others dread Sunday, because it means that Monday is one short sleep away... Since being out of work due to the car wreck, I have had a lot of time to spend working on various projects that I didn't have time for during the school year. Today I am spending Sunday working on a few of those projects.

First, I've been working on getting my computer files more organized. I started with my clipart, since I have SO MUCH of it! Are you a member of Krista Wallden's Monthly or Season Graphics Clubs? You should really check them out, they are AWESOME! I have been a member of her graphics clubs for over a year now, and never once have I been disappointed! Here's a shot of how I kept my graphics club files.



I started organizing before I thought to snap a screen shot, so there are a few months missing. Anyway, I had them all stored like this, which made it hard for me to remember what clipart I actually had. For whatever reason it never bothered me before, but all of a sudden I decided this way wouldn't work anymore and I needed to change it. So, I went into each Month and Season Graphics Club I own and determined the best spot for those sets of clip art. In the Monthly Clubs, you get either 4-5 weeks worth of clipart. In the Season Clubs, you get 10 weeks of clipart. Needless to say I had A LOT of sets that needed to find a new home! I began creating folders based on topic or theme of clipart so that I could easily drag new sets into these folders.


I like this system WAY MORE than what I had previously. Now I can find graphics based on their theme instead of having to search through each Month and Season Club to remind myself of what I have. I still have a lot of work to do in narrowing down the themes, and sometimes I'm not sure if sets fit best where I put them. I imagine this will be an ongoing process, but that's okay. The more organized I can be, the better!!! How do you handle organizing your clipart files? I would love to know your styles and strategies! Do you keep a list, like typed or handwritten, of all the clipart you own so that you can have an easy reference? Do you have folders labeled with different themes or styles and you search each folder for what you need?


This is a file I'm not completely satisfied with, my 'People' clipart. I'm not really liking how it's organized, and I feel like there should be a better way to make it more organized and less cluttered looking. I would love to hear any suggestions you might have on how to improve this!

Oh, and if you're interesting in becoming a member of one of Krista's Graphics Clubs, click on the image below for her May Monthly Graphics Club or her Summer VIP Graphics Club. Trust me, you won't be disappointed!!


May has already started with an adorable set for Week 1 and Week 2 coming very soon! You can also search her store for her June, July, and August 2015 Monthly Graphics Cubs. Yeah, I already have them all and am eagerly waiting to see what incredible sets I'll be getting each week!


You can also snatch up her Summer 2015 VIP Membership. You'll get 10 weeks of clipart sets PLUS an amazingly incredible Newsletter full of Tips & Tricks to help you best utilize the sets you get each week. You can also search her store for her Spring 2015 VIP Membership, but hurry because it's almost over!

Oh, and another REALLY ADORABLE club she has going on right now is her Nursery Rhyme Club!


So far there are two weeks worth of Nursery Rhyme Clipart, and they are absolutely adorable! You won't be disappointed!

So tell me, how are you spending your Sunday? Relaxing and recharging, or catching up on work you need for the upcoming school week? I know that some of you are down to the teen numbers for days of school left! That's awesome!!  In my district, we have another 4 Mondays of students and 5 Mondays of working. I know you are ready for the summer break!!

2 comments:

  1. I am so sorry about your mom. How difficult this day must be for you.

    I'm envious of your clip art organization! Mine is a big jumble.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It is still a rough day, but not as bad as last year! Thank you so very much for kind words! Clipart is addicting, isn't it? I don't collect anything like I collect clipart!! :-)

      Delete