Pages

Tuesday, June 2, 2015

June Currently

Oh my goodness, it's already June! Time sure does fly by, even when you're spending it stuck on the couch! I KNOW all of my teacher friends from school are so excited that today marks having only 9 days left with kiddos!



Today I am linking up with Farley from Oh Boy 4th Grade for her monthly Currently linky party! This fun link up is done once a month and Farley makes these super-cute templates for us to use! Here's my Currently for June!



Currently Listening to the thunderstorm happening right outside my window. The thunder is booming so hard the walls are shaking, and the rain is pouring! I LOVE thunderstorms! I always sleep better during a thunderstorm and I just love listening to the rain fall! I know that there are plenty of places down south that have HAD IT with rain, and I don't blame them! I hope that they are able to salvage what they can and are able to get back into their homes soon!


Currently Loving my brand new weekly planner from Creative Clips! It is part of her brand new paper line, and I LOVE IT!! I literally bought it as soon as she put it up for sale! I'll also be buying another one next week when she is all stocked up again, because I want to make sure I have enough to use for next school year!



Currently Thinking about finishing up my Master's Degree. I started the program with every intention on finishing, and then life happened to get in the way. I really, really need to go back and get at least 10 more credits by June of 2016. If I don't get those credits, I won't be licensed to teach at a Title 1 school anymore. This would be BAD NEWS because I really, really, really LOVE my school!!

Currently Wanting my ankle to heal so I can walk again! Last month's Currently was FULL of my hopes and dreams for my ankle healing. I was just starting my laser surgery treatments and was sure I'd be walking by the end of the month. Well, May has come and gone and I am still non-weight bearing, which means no walking for me! Not only is this frustrating because I'm still stuck on the couch, but it's disappointing because I won't be going back to work this year. I missed SO MUCH of my Dragons' growth this year, it bums me out. But, what is a girl to do when she can't even stand up, let alone walk??


Currently Needing to give my dog a bath. Honestly y'all, she stinks! Due to my ankle issues, I haven't been able to give her a bath since the accident in January. She usually gets a bath every weekend, because we always go to the Dog Pond on the weekend and she gets filthy dirty swimming. This is the longest she has EVER gone without a bath, and my nose knows it!! She doesn't care though, this dog HATES baths! She will swim in any body of water out there, even a large puddle, but put her in the bath tub and she LOSES IT!!


Summer Lovin' that I will continue to rest and recover so that I can walk again! My biggest goal for the summer is to get back on my feet and walking again! Hopefully when July Currently rolls around I'll have better news to share on the walking front!!

Farley is also raising money for a super-sweet cause! There is an animal shelter in Wimberley TX that has been hit hard because of the excessive flooding going on. Farley is trying to raise money to help the shelter. Even if each person only donates $1, it's $1 more than the shelter had before! Make sure to read all about it on Farley's blog!



Do you want to link up too? Just click on the image below to head over to Farley's Oh Boy 4th Grade to link up with June currently!




Oh, and don't forget that you can still link up for my Spotlight Saturday link up! Click the image below to go read all about it! I really hope you link up so I can read about your spotlight!


16 comments:

  1. Hi Erin! What a cute blog you have!! I found it via Farley's linky party. I am your newest follower! I will have to go back a few posts to figure out what happened to your ankle....but I wish you a speedy recovery! =

    Katie
    Mind Sparks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for being so sweet!! I found you through Farley's link up too, and I'm your newest follower! Thanks so much for the kind words about my ankle, I was in a car accident at the end of January and have not yet been able to walk. I'm hoping to by the end of the summer though, fingers crossed! Thanks so much for stopping by and reading my post then leaving a comment, you rock!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love popping over to see your posts, you're my new found favorite blogger!! Hope your ankle is improving bless your heart it must be awful! Your dog is super cute!!! She looks like a mischief the same time!! Good luck finishing your masters degree - it will be worth it in the end - you can do it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness you are so sweet! You totally just made my day, thank you! My ankle is slowly making progress, just not enough to walk yet. Ugh. I'm hanging in there though, I know it could have been so much worse! Thank you for complimenting my furbaby! I love her to pieces but she is definitely full of mischief! I often tell her she's lucky she's so cute! Thanks for your encouragement about going back into the Master's program! I'll reach that goal soon! Thank you so much for stopping by to read and comment, that really, really means a lot!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alright! You've persuaded me! Going to have to order that Creative Clips paper notepad! I have a thing for lists on bright paper! I also need to give my dog a bath too! Your dog is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Creative Clips planners are AWESOME!!! You won't be disappointed!!! :-) Thanks so much for your sweet words about my furbaby!! She's SO ornery but I love her!! She makes me happy! :-) Thank you so very much for stopping by to read my blog and leave such sweet feedback! I truly appreciate it!!

      Delete
  6. thanks you so very much for your donation!!! you rock!!!! Oh my gosh… your pup is adorable… my big pup needs a bath too… BUT she is HUGE and hubs has to do it outside in the yard… ha ha ha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so welcome, I'm glad I could help all those furbabies! :-) Thank you for your totally sweet words about my pup, she's a bit naughty but I love her to pieces!! I always wanted a big dog, and when I picked her from the litter she was the biggest puppy there! She grew up to be one of the smallest, but I love her anyway! I wonder if she'd like baths more if we did them outside in the yard. :-) Thanks so much for hosting such a fun linky, and for coming by to read my post and comment! You're awesome!

      Delete
  7. Don't give up on your Master's! You can do it!

    Janice
    www.prekpartner.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm gonna keep on truckin' through! :-) Thanks for stopping by and reading the post then leaving a comment, it rally means a lot!!

      Delete
  8. I'm so sorry to hear about your ankle! I can relate - I had knee surgery a few years ago during the school year and it was terrible trying to plan ahead and then try to catch up when I returned. You definitely miss your kids while you're out! Hopefully it will heal quickly and you will be up and around soon! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    Jennifer
    everythingjustso.org

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words! It helps to know others have gone through similar trials and have made it back on to their feet! I'm so ready to get back into the normal swing of things! Thank you so very much for stopping by my blog and reading then leaving such sweet feedback, I really appreciate it!

      Delete
  9. I found your cute blog through the link up! I hate to hear about your accident. I can't imagine not being able to get around. After less than a week of pregnancy bed rest, I was going CRAZY!! Hope you are feeling better soon so you can enjoy your summer!
    Joni
    KinderKids Fun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by! I appreciate your kind words about my accident, it's definitely been no fun being stuck on the couch for so many months! I hope everything worked our with your pregnancy! :-) Thank you so much for reading my post and taking the time to comment, it really means a lot!

      Delete
  10. I came across your blog name in the TpT forums today and then saw you on the Currently linky and knew I had to stop by and check you out. Your blog logo is very cute by the way. It's making me want to redo mine again but I'll try to control myself.

    Hope to hear better news about your ankle in the July Currently. I'm headed over to check out your linky now.
    Teaching Doodles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you so much for being so sweet! I just love dragons so much, I was very lucky that Designs by Kassie was able to create such a wonderful blog based around the dragon clipart I had! It is a huge improvement over the blog design I created by myself! :-)
      Thank you so much for your encouraging words about my ankle healing, I'm hoping to have much better news to share in July too! Thank you so much for stopping by and reading my post and then taking the time to leave such a great comment! It really means a lot!

      Delete