My friend Jill has introduced me to another amazing linky party! This one is hosted by Always Kindergarten and some of her friends, and is held during the last weekend of every month! Fittingly, it is called Weekend Warriors!!
This link up was created as a way for teachers and edubloggers to link up and share their thoughts, ideas, and tips based around a certain theme. This month's theme is all about learning about each other.
The link up follows the very popular 3-2-1 theme seen on many graphic organizers that we use. The topics are given to us, as well as the blank frames to use. All we have to do is fill them out!!
For this month, we are completing a Teacher Bio based on the topics above. I'm always excited to learn about other teacher bloggers, and this is a great way to share a little more about myself too!
First up, 3 things about me THE TEACHER.
1. Organization is Key!! I teach kindergarten, and we use a lot of different manipulative and materials every day. In my classroom, I need to know that there is a place for everything and that everything is in it's place. Not only does this help me stay sane, but it provides a sense of security for my kinders. They know where things are in their classroom and they know how to clean up and get what they need. Organization also means that I have color-coded files in my filing cabinet and that the files on my computer are organized by topic. Also, I have to write everything down. I am the proud owner of my very first Erin Condren planner and I can't wait to start using it! I'm one of those people who, if I don't write it down, it doesn't get done or I completely forget it! I have to stay organized or my eye starts to twitch and I get stressed out!
2. Teamwork! I am lucky enough to be part of an incredible teaching team. We support each other and share ideas, and are not only great sounding boards but also understand that we have to vent sometimes! I enjoy teamwork with not only the other kindergarten teachers on my team, but also with other grade levels. My kinders pair up every year with one of the 5th grade classes and get their very own 5th Grade Buddies! Teamwork is so important and makes my job so much easier! I would not want to have to plan alone and have no one to share with!
3. Ask Lots of Questions! I teach my kinders that the best way for them to learn about the world around them is to ask lots of questions. I make sure that they understand there is no such thing as a stupid question and that they'll never learn anything new if they don't ask. I try to model this throughout the day by asking all sorts of questions from 'I wonder why Pete doesn't watch where he's going when he walks?' to 'Where do the butterflies go when it rains?' I want my kinders to know that it is okay to ask questions and that we will never laugh at their questions, no matter how silly they may be.
1. The regular me Loves to Listen! I enjoy being someone that people feel they can open up to and share their joys, sorrows, and concerns. This also means that I'm a pretty good secret keeper, and that I don't share with other what people share with me. I also Love to Listen to all sorts of music! I can totally loose myself in a good song, just close my eyes and let the rhythm take me away! Music helps me decompress from a hard day and is something I really enjoy!
2. I also like to think I have a Helping Hand, and am always willing to help out my friends and family whenever I can. The people I care about know that they can count on me when they need something and that I will always be there with a helping hand to help pick them up or give a hug when needed!
One of the biggest things on my bucket list is the chance to go on an African Safari. For as long as I can remember, this is a dream I have had. I have always loved everything to do with the animal kingdom. I grew up watching the Discovery Channel and Animal Planet and loved to learn as much as I could about the animals in the world. Someday I really want to head to Africa, armed with my camera, and spend a week or two going on safari. I want to sleep surrounded by the sounds of hippos calling to each other, and be able to get pictures of all the animals I have seen on TV for so many years! I hope to be able to cross this off of my bucket list in my lifetime!!
Well, that's all about me! Thank you so much for taking the time to read about me, it means a lot! Don't forget to swing back over to Always Kindergarten and read about lots of other bloggers that linked up! Just click on the image below!
Did you know that Spotlight Saturday is up and running on my blog! This link up will be open all week long, and is the perfect way for you to showcase your favorite products, resources, activities, and ideas! This week I am Spotlighting Mrs. Garcia's Super Scholars! I would love for you to come read all about her, and to link up and share your Spotlight too!!