Pages

Saturday, June 27, 2015

Weekend Warriors: Teacher Bio

My friend Jill has introduced me to another amazing linky party! This one is hosted by Always Kindergarten and some of her friends, and is held during the last weekend of every month! Fittingly, it is called Weekend Warriors!!


This link up was created as a way for teachers and edubloggers to link up and share their thoughts, ideas, and tips based around a certain theme. This month's theme is all about learning about each other.


The link up follows the very popular 3-2-1 theme seen on many graphic organizers that we use. The topics are given to us, as well as the blank frames to use. All we have to do is fill them out!!



For this month, we are completing a Teacher Bio based on the topics above. I'm always excited to learn about other teacher bloggers, and this is a great way to share a little more about myself too!

First up, 3 things about me THE TEACHER.



1. Organization is Key!! I teach kindergarten, and we use a lot of different manipulative and materials every day. In my classroom, I need to know that there is a place for everything and that everything is in it's place. Not only does this help me stay sane, but it provides a sense of security for my kinders. They know where things are in their classroom and they know how to clean up and get what they need. Organization also means that I have color-coded files in my filing cabinet and that the files on my computer are organized by topic. Also, I have to write everything down. I am the proud owner of my very first Erin Condren planner and I can't wait to start using it! I'm one of those people who, if I don't write it down, it doesn't get done or I completely forget it! I have to stay organized or my eye starts to twitch and I get stressed out!

2. Teamwork! I am lucky enough to be part of an incredible teaching team. We support each other and share ideas, and are not only great sounding boards but also understand that we have to vent sometimes! I enjoy teamwork with not only the other kindergarten teachers on my team, but also with other grade levels. My kinders pair up every year with one of the 5th grade classes and get their very own 5th Grade Buddies! Teamwork is so important and makes my job so much easier! I would not want to have to plan alone and have no one to share with!

3. Ask Lots of Questions! I teach my kinders that the best way for them to learn about the world around them is to ask lots of questions. I make sure that they understand there is no such thing as a stupid question and that they'll never learn anything new if they don't ask. I try to model this throughout the day by asking all sorts of questions from 'I wonder why Pete doesn't watch where he's going when he walks?' to 'Where do the butterflies go when it rains?' I want my kinders to know that it is okay to ask questions and that we will never laugh at their questions, no matter how silly they may be.



1. The regular me Loves to Listen! I enjoy being someone that people feel they can open up to and share their joys, sorrows, and concerns. This also means that I'm a pretty good secret keeper, and that I don't share with other what people share with me. I also Love to Listen to all sorts of music! I can totally loose myself in a good song, just close my eyes and let the rhythm take me away! Music helps me decompress from a hard day and is something I really enjoy!

2. I also like to think I have a Helping Hand, and am always willing to help out my friends and family whenever I can. The people I care about know that they can count on me when they need something and that I will always be there with a helping hand to help pick them up or give a hug when needed!


One of the biggest things on my bucket list is the chance to go on an African Safari. For as long as I can remember, this is a dream I have had. I have always loved everything to do with the animal kingdom. I grew up watching the Discovery Channel and Animal Planet and loved to learn as much as I could about the animals in the world. Someday I really want to head to Africa, armed with my camera, and spend a week or two going on safari. I want to sleep surrounded by the sounds of hippos calling to each other, and be able to get pictures of all the animals I have seen on TV for so many years! I hope to be able to cross this off of my bucket list in my lifetime!!


Well, that's all about me! Thank you so much for taking the time to read about me, it means a lot! Don't forget to swing back over to Always Kindergarten and read about lots of other bloggers that linked up! Just click on the image below!



Did you know that Spotlight Saturday is up and running on my blog! This link up will be open all week long, and is the perfect way for you to showcase your favorite products, resources, activities, and ideas! This week I am Spotlighting Mrs. Garcia's Super Scholars! I would love for you to come read all about her, and to link up and share your Spotlight too!!

22 comments:

  1. I like an organized classroom too! It definitely saves time in the long run. An African safari would be unforgettable! I hope you make it there one day to experience it first hand. Thank you so much for linking up with us for Weekend Warriors this month!

    Aimee
    Primarily Speaking

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had so much fun linking up and learning about some of my favorite bloggers, thanks so much for hosting such a fun linky! Thank you so much for reading my post and leaving such great feedback! Have a wonderful week!!

      Delete
  2. An African Safari looks so cool. I had a friend who went on one and just looking through the pictures was great, I can only imagine how awesome it was in person. I hope you get your dream one day.
    Stephanie
    Polka Dot Palace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet it was so cool to look at all the pictures! What wonderful story starters they could be in the classroom! Thank you so much for stopping by and reading my post and leaving such great feedback, it really means a lot!!

      Delete
  3. You and I are very similar, but I don't know about that African safari business. That's scary! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, it can sound scary what with all the political unrest and the disease carrying bugs, not to mention the man-eating animals!! It's something I've always wanted to try though, but it's pretty expensive. The closest I might get is the Wild Animal Kingdom at Disney World!! :-) Thanks so much for stopping by and reading my post and leaving feedback, I really appreciate it! Hope you have a great week!!

      Delete
  4. Erin,
    So glad you linked up with us today! I also think classroom organization is key. If the kids have access to the materials and can independently put things away, they take ownership over the classroom and it makes our jobs so much easier. What a great idea for your bucket list! An African safari sounds amazing!
    Andrea
    Always Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it when my kinders get to the point in the year when they can independently put materials away without having to be reminded! Thanks so much for hosting such a fun link up, it's been so great to read about my favorite bloggers! I hope that you have an amazing week!
      Thanks so much for reading my post and leaving such great feedback, it really means a lot to me!!

      Delete
  5. Love it! We have many things in common! I love to ask questions because that's one of the ways I learn! I LOVE to stay organized! I don't know what to do without my planner and iphone! Thank you for sharing. Keep up the good work! I know you will be able to take that trip one day! :) Check out my post.

    ~Elizabeth
    First Grade Stripes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I'm getting better at using the calendar on my phone, and I'm excited to get to use my Erin Condren planner!
      I'm so glad you stopped by and left such wonderful feedback, I really appreciate it!

      Delete
  6. An African safari...sign me up! I think that would be a life changing experience. I am an organizing planning freak. So glad to know there are others out there in the same boat. Thanks for linking up with us this month. Your blog is adorable. -Jaime
    Bright Concepts 4 Teachers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Kassie did a great job with my blog and I love it so much! I too think an African safari would be life changing, hopefully someday I'll make it there! I think I'd go crazy if I wasn't organized and planned out!! :-)
      Thank you so much for reading my post and leaving such great feedback, I really appreciate it!

      Delete
  7. Love your Teacher 3 points! I'm a big advocate for ALL of those! I feel a lot of students are scared to ask questions at the beginning of the year, but remind them that there is no stupid questions. (Unless you're going for that!)

    ♥ Stephanie
    Fishing for Education Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not only are they scared to ask questions at the beginning of the year, but my kinders have such a hard time remembering the difference between asking a question and telling a story! We work on good question asking skills all year!
      Thank you so much for stopping by to read and leave such great feedback, I really appreciate it!

      Delete
  8. Your blog is adorable! I love organizing too! An African safari would be so fun!!! I hope you can do it soon! Thanks for linking up with us! :)

    Sarah
    A Sunny Day in First Grade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Kassie did such a wonderful job on my blog I can't help but love it!! :-) If I ever get to go I'll make sure to post lots of pictures!
      Thank you so much for coming to my blog and reading my post then leaving such great feedback, I really appreciate it!

      Delete
  9. Great to learn a bit more about you Erin! I too am an organization guru! I agree it is essential in Kinder. I say that same line all the time...a place for everything and everything in its place. We too have 5 grade buddies. My kids loved it when they came to our class every other Friday. We usually read together in pairs, but we also had a great time doing several projects together, dissecting owl pellets, making gingerbread houses, directed drawings. It was fantastic for me for each kinder to have a personal helper! An African Safari sounds fantastic, hope you get to go someday!

    ~Laura
    Luv My Kinders

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad that you came by and read my post! My kinders LOVE working with their 5th Grade Buddies, on everything from reading together to holiday crafts to building a leprechaun trap! The 5th Graders ask to work with us as much as my kinders ask to work with them, so I think the 5th graders really enjoy it too! I LOVE when they come to help because there is a helper or two for every one of my kinders, and things are so much easier to complete!
      Thank you so much for leaving such great feedback, I really appreciate it!!

      Delete
  10. I have Africa on my bucket list, too! I hope I can make it happen someday! I love organizing!!

    Slainte,
    ☘ Molly
    Lucky to Be in First

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be so awesome to go, wouldn't it?? And organizing helps me to keep my sanity!!
      Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving such great feedback, I really appreciate it!

      Delete
  11. ERIN, I love your 3-2-1 lists! WE have so many similar teaching styles! Even when my organization looks like piles of a hot mess, I still can find a needle in a haystack! If that's not organized, I don't know what is! Fingers crossed that you get your African Safari very soon! Thank you so much for linking up with the Weekend Warriors! We look forward to having you again next month!

    Ms. Marciniak's First Grade Critter Cafe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, as long as we know what's going on and where things are, we're good!! Thank you so much for stopping by and reading my post and leaving such great feedback, I really appreciate it!!!

      Delete