Pages

Wednesday, June 24, 2015

One Lovely Blog Award

Happy Wednesday everyone!! Or at least I think it's Wednesday....I tend to loose track of all sense of time during the summer!!! I never seem to know what day it is....



Just a quick post today. I had to give a huge THANK YOU to my incredibly sweet friend Jill from Chevron and Centers and the fabulous Jayme from Teach.Talk.Inspire. Each of these incredible ladies has nominated my lil' ol' blog for the One Lovely Blog Award!!



How awesome is that?? Talk about feeling honored!! I started this blog as a way to share ideas with and get ideas from the world of educators out there, and it has quickly turned into one of my very favorite things to do!! I really enjoy writing posts as well as reading the posts of other bloggers! And as my dear friend Jill can attest, I have become quite the linky party addict!! She and I may need an intervention soon, but we are finding so many incredibly fun things to blog about!

I have been so very lucky through this blogging journey! I have had the opportunity to 'meet' some really incredible people and I have truly enjoyed reading about their journeys and sharing in their lives. I am so very glad to have found this online teaching community, where everyone is so helpful and supportive! Sometimes it can be hard to find educators who aren't disillusioned or bitter with the profession, who aren't counting down the days to retirement. I have found the exact opposite through blogging, and I am so grateful to be a part of this community!! I'm going to take a page from Teach.Talk.Inspire's book and share with you a few things about me that you may not know! Then I'll nominate some other amazing blogs that are out there!!

About Me:

1. I am a proud pit bull mom. I LOVE my pittie, she is the sweetest and most snuggliest dog I have ever owned! Her breed gets a bad name, and I can't stress enough how awesome this breed is!

2. I have been teaching for going on eleven years now. My first year was in pre-k and the next five years were in fourth grade. I am currently entering my fifth year as a kindergarten teacher and I really can't imagine myself in any other grade level! I simply love everything there is about kindergarten!! We build the foundation for the entire school career of our kiddos, and it's up to us to help them realize how fun and amazing school can be!

3. I am a children's literature addict!! I have well over 300 books in my collection, and I add to it every day! My dream is to someday write a children's book and get to read it to my students!
This is the contents of my classroom library, completely taking up all the space in the back of a Kia Sorento!!


4. One of my favorite stress-relieving things to do is color! I LOVE using different shades to create the perfect picture. Imagine how excited I was to find a coloring book for grown ups! I just got it in the mail and can't wait to get started!!



I can't thank Jill and Jayme enough for taking the time to not only notice my little blog but to nominate it for such a sweet award! I would like to pay it forward and nominate a few blogs that I have found through this journey! I hope you take a few moments and check them out!!

Karry at Yay for PreK!

Make sure to check out their blogs, they are AWESOME!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment