Pages

Saturday, June 13, 2015

Spotlight Saturday: Mrs. Roltgen and Cute By Designs Co.

It's Saturday, and you know what that means! Time for this week's Spotlight Saturday link up!!


If you've never linked up before, Spotlight Saturday is a link up where educators and bloggers can Spotlight one of their favorite products, resources, activities, or ideas. We try to include an awesome freebie you can download, too. You can read more about the rules for this link up at the end of this post!

For this week's freebie I would like to introduce you to the TPT store of Mrs. Roltgen. In her store she has almost 200 different resources to choose from, including over 20 freebies and many products listed at less than $2. Today I'd like to Spotlight one of her awesome freebies!


This gem is a freebie she created for having 1,200 followers. How awesome of a milestone is that?? I really like this freebie for several reasons. It's a huge concept that we cover in kindergarten and spend much of the year trying to master it. Besides being such an important skill, Mrs. Roltgen has made this book super-easy to make.


There are two copies per page and it is easy to cut out based on the straight lines of the frame. Make enough copies for your class and then slice each page in half on the paper cutter. Then all you have to do is put the pages in order and staple to make a book.


Each page consists of a different number combination for 10. Each combination is represented by circles in a ten-frame. Students must find the missing addend based on the picture and then write the numeral. This is a book that can be used during a small group guided math lesson where you can focus on the skill of decomposing numbers, or this is simple enough for students to finish independently. I really enjoy having books like this because once we are finished woking on them they go right into my students' Daily 5 Book Boxes. This is a perfect addition for the beginning of the year because it is so easy for kinders to read independently or read aloud to a friend. Having books like this in their Book Boxes makes them feel confident in their reading abilities, and it is so good to hear them reading to a buddy. As an added bonus, the more they read this little book the more they are practicing identifying the number combinations of 10. It's a win-win!! Click on the image of the cover to head over and grab one of your own. You can also follow one of the links below to learn more about Mrs. Roltgen and her awesome resources!

Mrs. Roltgen's TPT store:


Mrs. Roltgen's Facebook Page:



You should really go check out all the resources offered by Mrs. Roltgen, she has some really amazing things in her store!!

I am shining the rest of the Spotlight on an amazing lady I have 'met' through social media. I first came across her creations on Instagram and fell in love!! Cute by Design Co. creates adorable clips that fit perfectly in your planners, including Erin Condren and Kikki.K. I found her clips through Instagram pictures and couldn't get over the cuteness! She has so many different creations, I'm sure you'll find something to love! Check these out!


Pandas with glasses and bows and planners that sparkle!!


Cute kittens with teacher planners...


Dapper dogs with flowers in their fur....


Sweet treats including your favorite lattes, doughnuts, and cupcakes...


Bands you can get to keep your planner closed that match the clips to section it off, like these sparkly foxes...


Clips that are PERFECT for teachers...


Seasons and holidays and cuteness covered...


Bright, happy, smiling sunshine!!


She has everything in her shop from seahorses to sparkly crowns!! You really need to go to her store to check out all of her awesome creations. Best part? She even takes custom order requests!! So you just know I had to make a request, right??


Oh. Em. Gee. Can you stand the complete and utter cuteness of these dragon clips??? I asked if she thought she might be able to create a dragon clip for me, and she totally blew me out of the water!!


She used sparkly and solid colors of cardstock to create my little masterpieces! You know I had to order one for every color of the rainbow, as well as one in my favorite color!! Here is the green dragon <left> and my favorite color silver dragon <right>.


Here are my yellow and orange dragons. Look at the details!! Spots on their bodies and lines on their wings!!


Here's blue and red! She mixed it up for me and made some sparkly on the outside and others sparkly on their bellies. You KNOW I had to add the glittery sparkle!!


Pink and purple, look at those sparkles!! I'm so sorry that my camera just doesn't do these clips justice, they are so incredibly awesome and sparkly and wonderful! They are so absolutely perfect for my new Erin Condren Teacher Planner! They are packaged and shipped with the utmost care, taped down and encased in plastic, to insure that they make it to you without any damage to the cuteness! They are made out of such heavy-duty cardstock that they can handle the day to day use of my planner, but they are so incredibly adorable that I'm just not sure if I want to use them or display them!!

I am in love with her creations! I will totally be adding to my collection, including that adorable box of crayons clip she made!! If you use a planner, or even if you use cute clips to bind your papers to be graded together, I would most definitely recommend checking out Cute By Design Co. and all of her fabulous creations!! You can catch up with her by following one of the links below!

Cute By Design Co. Etsy Shop:


Cute By Design Co. Instagram Account:



If you want to link up with us and share the Spotlight, just read the rules below and then link up your post! I can't wait to read all about your Spotlights!!

Rules:
1) You need to spotlight an educational resource that either you have created or you have found from someone else and love! This means you must link up with a blog post you have written putting an activity or idea in the Spotlight. Please do not link directly to a product in Teachers Pay Teachers or Teacher's Notebook or similar sites.
2) If you are Spotlighting a product from your own TPT store or that of another seller, make sure that in your blog post you Spotlight a freebie or a paid product. If you have a freebie and a paid product from the same seller, feel free to use both in your post. If all you have is a freebie, then post about the freebie and how you used it. You can also Spotlight a freebie that someone else created along with a product that you created.
2) Make sure to give credit where credit is due! You will need to include the name of the creator as well as a link to their TPT or Teacher's Notebook store where others can get a copy of the resource as well.
3) Include pictures of the product in your post, either screen shots  or photographs of your kiddos actually using the product. Give us a snapshot, just a brief glimpse into how the product or activity works. Just an image of the cover and one of the pages you have listed in the preview of the activity on TPT would be fine. It gives readers a visual and helps them better understand what your product is all about.
4) Make sure to leave a comment on the post of the two people before your post and the person after. This will help get conversation rolling, and will make sure everyone feels recognized for their efforts!
5) This is not the place to share your frustrations or disappointment with an activity or how you would have done it differently. If you are unsatisfied with your purchase that is a private conversation you need to have with the seller via email. This is not a link up to bash any sellers or their products, and any posts like that WILL BE DELETED!!
6) Follow my blog with Bloglovin' to make sure you are kept up to date on all the latest link up additions. Don't forget to follow my Facebook page too to keep up with all the notifications I send out!
7) To Link Up, you will need to click on the small blue button underneath my closing signature. It is directly under my name on the left hand side of the blog.


8 comments:

  1. OMG those paper clips are THE most adorable thing I have ever seen!!! I have to go and check her out for sure !!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't those clips just amazing!! I'm already starting a collection!! Prices are reasonable and they definitely add some flair to your planner!! I would definitely recommend to check out her store!
      Thank you so much for reading and leaving feedback, and even more for linking up again! You are totally awesome!!

      Delete
  2. Agreed, that freebie from Mrs. Roltgen was amazing! I already printed it and put it in my files for next year! And I can't believe how cute those clips are! Love them!

    Deirdre
    Mrs. Garcia's Super Scholars

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's an awesome freebie, right? I was so glad to find it! I know my kinders will feel so independent next year when they can read it themselves! It will be one of the first additions to our Daily 5 Book Boxes!
      Thank you so much for stopping by to read and leave such awesome feedback! I hope you have an amazing weekend!

      Delete
  3. Hi Erin! I am so loving the clips:) I'm sorry that I couldn't link up Saturday...I'm off to get the external hard-drive..FINALLY! I have deleted all that I can. I can't even download pictures and attach them to my blog or anyone else's...also thanks for sharing the freebie. Any time is a good time for a ten frame activity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those clips are just adorable, right? I'm in love!
      No worries about not being able to link up, it happens! The link up will stay open a few days if you are able to get your hard drive and use your computer again! Best of luck with that, I know how frustrating it can be!
      Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving feedback, I so appreciate it!!

      Delete
  4. Thanks for the "Making 10" freebie! I teach 1st, but that is great for the beginning of the year!

    http://ferventfirstgradefrenzy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so welcome! I'm slo glad I can help other teachers find resources for their classroom! If you use Daily 5, after you work on this book with your kiddos it's a great one for them to have access to during Read to Self or Read to Someone!
      Thank you so much for reading my post and leaving such great feedback, it really means a lot to me!!!

      Delete