Pages

Saturday, June 27, 2015

Spotlight Saturday: Mrs. Garcia's Super Scholars

Today is Spotlight Saturday!! Today is the day we get to link up and share some of our favorite products, activities, resources, and ideas! I have been so excited to read all of your posts, I can't wait to see what you have in store this week!!


One of my favorite things about going on this blogging journey is getting to meet so many wonderful and amazing people! This little community of ours is so supportive and helpful, I just love how everyone works to build each other up!! Today I get to Spotlight one of the incredibly sweet people I have meet through my blogging, Deirde Garcia from Mrs. Garcia's Super Scholars!!

She hast the cutest blog with such an awesome theme!! I really enjoy reading her posts and am glad I am a follower!


A few weeks ago we both participated in the Win It Wednesday linky hosted by A Dab of Glue Will Do, and Deidre raffled off some of her sight word activities. I was lucky enough to win them! They are really going to come in handy this upcoming school year, and I wanted to share them with you! She sells each activity in her TPT store, and you can link up to them at the bottom of this post.


I am so excited to use both of these packets next year! They are going to be the perfect fit for our Word Work rotations during Daily 5! They could also be used as morning work or homework, depending on your need!! I love that each page offers my kinders a chance to practice their cutting skills, which is a skill they can never get enough practice with!!

I also found a really great freebie in her store that I wanted to share with you!! She has some really great freebies at her store, make sure that you go and check them out!!!


This is such an awesome freebie!! This freebie covers a very important skill that pre-kinders and kinders need! Not only is it FREE, but it's also printer friendly!! All you need to do is print out the sequencing sheets and then laminate them. For added durability, glue each sheet to a piece of construction paper before you laminate. Once laminated, cut them out into strips and set them at a literacy center with dry erase markers and erasers. To differentiate you could also include an ABC chart, to help guide students who aren't familiar with the letter sequences yet. My students are going to wok on this center during their Word Work time of Daily 5. I know this is going to help them master their alphabet skills! Also, this packet could be a great tool to have for RTI groups!

Make sure to give Diedre some love! Here's where you can find her!

Click below to go to her blog.



The image below will take you to her TPT store.


To check out the products of hers that I Spotlighted today, click on the images below.



Click on the image below to head over to her Facebook page!



I would LOVE to have you link up for Spotlight Saturday!! Feel free to use either the Spotlight Saturday image at the very top of this post, or use the one below. In the one below, you can add screen shots of what you're Spotlighting. Whichever one you want to use, you can either screen shot it or click Control A to download the image.


If you're using the one above and Spotlighting someone else, feel free to post it to the Facebook page of the person you are Spotlighting to let them know!

To link up, read the rules below and then click on the inlinkz blue box!

Rules:
1) You need to spotlight an educational resource that either you have created or you have found from someone else and love! This means you must link up with a blog post you have written putting an activity or idea in the Spotlight. Please do not link directly to a product in Teachers Pay Teachers or Teacher's Notebook or similar sites.
2) If you are Spotlighting a product from your own TPT store or that of another seller, make sure that in your blog post you Spotlight a freebie or a paid product. If you have a freebie and a paid product from the same seller, feel free to use both in your post. If all you have is a freebie, then post about the freebie and how you used it. You can also Spotlight a freebie that someone else created along with a product that you created.
2) Make sure to give credit where credit is due! You will need to include the name of the creator as well as a link to their TPT or Teacher's Notebook store where others can get a copy of the resource as well.
3) Include pictures of the product in your post, either screen shots  or photographs of your kiddos actually using the product. Give us a snapshot, just a brief glimpse into how the product or activity works. Just an image of the cover and one of the pages you have listed in the preview of the activity on TPT would be fine. It gives readers a visual and helps them better understand what your product is all about.
4) Make sure to leave a comment on the post of the two people before your post and the person after. This will help get conversation rolling, and will make sure everyone feels recognized for their efforts!
5) This is not the place to share your frustrations or disappointment with an activity or how you would have done it differently. If you are unsatisfied with your purchase that is a private conversation you need to have with the seller via email. This is not a link up to bash any sellers or their products, and any posts like that WILL BE DELETED!!
6) Follow my blog with Bloglovin' to make sure you are kept up to date on all the latest link up additions. Don't forget to follow my Facebook page too to keep up with all the notifications I send out!
7) To Link Up, you will need to click on the small blue button underneath my closing signature. It is directly under my name on the left hand side of the blog.



6 comments:

  1. Oooo, the sight word practice is cute! I may have to get those for next year! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. isn't it cute?? What a great way to have them practice sight words during morning work or for homework! Thank you so much for stopping by and reading my Spotlight and leaving feedback!
      Thank you even more for linking up with us!!

      Delete
  2. What a great idea for a link-up! I love getting the word out about great TPT products & things that work well in the classroom! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I have such a great time learning about all of the different resources and ideas out there that work for other teachers! I'm so glad to get to learn so much more about what it out there!
      Thank you for stopping by and reading my post and leaving feedback, I really appreciate it!!

      Delete
  3. As usual I love your spotlight saturday! I love linking mine up - although have to apologise at the effort of mine today - sleep deprivation and lack of time has resulted in a less than best attempt from me but I couldn't bear to miss your fab linkup!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your Spotlight was great, I really enjoyed reading it! Thank you so much for linking up, it really means a lot!
      I hope you're able to get some rest and relax! Have a great week!

      Delete