Pages

Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Tell All Tuesday: Summer Snapshot

Tuesday means it's time for Tell All Tuesday, the awesome linky that is being hosted by TeachTalkInspire and My Day in K!


This week's topic is Summer Snapshot. That means we get to talk all about our favorite summer spots or things to do to help us relax and recharge. Do to my accident I'm still not able to walk so I haven't been able to go anywhere this summer, but last summer one of my favorite places to be wasn't that far of a drive from my house.


This is my co-pilot who accompanied me every time I needed to get away and spend some time at my summer spot. To be honest, it would seem kind of silly if I went without her!!


Not too far from my house is a place called Lums Pond. This is a very large nature preserve that is open to the public. You can kayak, canoe, paddleboat, hike, mountain bike, ride your horses, or bring your do to the Bark Park.



I LOVE the dog park because it is attached to part of the pond! BTW, it's only called a pond because it is slightly smaller than a lake, but this 'pond' is HUGE! For the dog park, there is no swimming/fishing/canoeing. You can only get into the water if you're a dog! My dog LOVES to get in the water and swim, swim, swim! I can't keep her out of it, even on chilly fall days! She would spend hours happily running and diving into the water, swimming to fetch different water toys. I have never seen a non-water breed dog love to swim as much as she does! My little pit bull could definitely pass as a water spaniel! I love to spend time throwing her different toys to fetch, or just sitting at one of the picnic tables watching her swim. When I can convince her out of the water we go for a hike through the woods to help dry off. I think she enjoys this spot and the time spent there more than I do!

I'm bummed I won't be able to take her to the dog park pond this summer, but hopefully come the fall we'll be able to go back for a visit! Make sure to head back over and read about everyone else's summer spots! You can link up too!!


P.S. - Don't forget that you can still link up for Spotlight Saturday to shine your light on a favorite product or idea!! I would LOVE to read all about yours!!


11 comments:

  1. That does sound relaxing! So sorry you won't be able to go much this summer, but I hope you heal soon. Hopefully you will be able to get there at least a little!
    Crystal
    www.funandlearningatbba.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is relaxing, though it can get crazy when there are a lot of dogs there! :-) Thanks so much for your encouragement, I'm going to be up again by summer's end! :-)
      I appreciate you stopping by to read and leave such sweet feedback, it really means a lot!

      Warmest Wishes,
      Erin
      www.kinderdragons.blogspot.com

      Delete
  2. Man! I hope you can find fun ways to relax and still have fun this summer!
    Erin
    Very Perry Classroom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be up and about by summer's end, no worries! :-) I'm going to make sure to rest and follow dr's orders, but my treatments are helping and I'm determined! :-)
      Thank you so much for stopping by to read and leave such great feedback!!

      Delete
  3. Your doggie seems sweet and I hope things are OK and that you can enjoy a bit of summer!
    Suzanne
    Kindergarten Planet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's super-sweet, but stubborn too! I often tell her she's lucky she's cute! :-) I'll get to catch up on a lot of reading this summer, so that will definitely help me to relax!
      Thanks so much for stopping by and commenting, I really appreciate it!

      Delete
  4. Looks like you had a great time with your doggie last summer. Total bummer you won't be able to make it there this time. Hopefully by fall you will be able to taker her to run and swim. Hope you are feeling better soon and can find something to keep you entertained and relaxed while you recuperate.

    ~Laura
    Luv My Kinders

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is so much fun, I can't help but have a great time with her!! :-) Even though we can't do anything together this summer, she is loving having all this cuddle on the couch time with me! Luckily for me, blogging and creating TPT products are relaxing for me, kind of like scrapbooking, and now I'll have lots and lots of time to work on them! :-)
      Thank you so much for stopping by to read and leave such great feedback, it was great to hear from you!!

      Delete
  5. I am so jealous that you have a dog park! So sorry you can't use it this summer. I have to lab pups that LOVE to swim. We have to take them to the lake. I may have to write a city official and demand that we get a dog park, too! Your pup is adorable!
    Much love,
    Ashley and Brooklynn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness, you should definitely petition for a dog park!! I am lucky in that where I live there are at least 5 dog parks within driving distance, though the pond is by far my favorite since she can swim! I love that you get to take your pups to a lake, we used to have labs and boy do they LOVE the water!! :-) You should totally write your councilman! ;-)
      Thank you so much for leaving such wonderful feedback, it was so great to hear from you!!

      Delete
  6. Aw, what a cutie and a great partner in crime. Looks like so much fun! We take our dogs to a dog park in town and they love the chance to socialize with other dogs. Thank you for taking the time to link up with us! :)

    ReplyDelete