Pages

Sunday, July 19, 2015

Sunday Scoop 7-19-15

Yikes, there are only 2 weeks left in July!! I head back to school the third week in August. Fingers crossed that I will be able to return to school being able to walk using my own two legs!! If it's Sunday, that must mean it's time for the Sunday Scoop link up with The Teaching Trio!

This is a really fun link up! We get to share with you our upcoming week using the popular 3-2-1 Organizer! I get tot ell you three things I have to do, two things I hope to do, and one things I'm happy to do!


HAVE TO:

1. Go Shopping - I have to check out my local Target Dollar Spot again. I also want to visit the Dollar Tree for their Friends and Family Sale today, get things an extra 25% off!! Gotta love a good deal!! Plus, I have a few more things to pick up for the Teacher Gift Exchange hosted by Simply Kinder. Can't wait to mail my package off to my Secret Pal!!

2. Practice Walking Up and Down the Stairs - Just this past week I have been able to walk up and down the stairs with just my brace and using the hand rails on each side of the staircase. It takes me a while, and it hurts, but I am so excited to not have to crawl or use my crutches! I am practicing every day, and every day I am getting stronger!

3. Laser Treatment Round 7 - Tomorrow is my 7th laser surgery treatment on my ankle. So far it has really helped with bringing back the circulation and bringing down the swelling. I am finally able to walk again after 6 months, which is such a huge improvement for me!! I have another 3 rounds of laser treatments scheduled, then we'll see if I need any more!

HOPE TO:

1. Post Some New TPT Creations - I've been trying really hard to get some new creations in my store! I really want to help teachers get ready for the beginning of the year, and I'm hoping my newest creations will do that! Remember, for the first 24 hours each new creation is listed at 50% OFF!!

2. Get a Hair Cut - My hair has not fared well since the accident. After several nights in the hospital it got some ridiculously huge knots and snarls, some of which had to be cut out and that means my hair is all sorts of different lengths. I've had a lot of hair fall out since the accident. A. LOT. I'm hoping the stylist I see will have some advice for me!

HAPPY TO:

Learn About This Washi Tap Craze - I have recently received my VERY FIRST Erin Condren Teacher Planner. I have been stalking different blog posts and Pinterest boards to see the most effective way to utilize this brand new resource. I have seen so much flying around about Washi tape, but the only thing I know about it is that it is decorative tape. I would love love love to learn different ways this tape is used, especially with an Erin Condren Teaching Planner! Can't wait to figure out the best way to use Washi tape!!


You should swing back over to The Teaching Trio to see who else has linked up for Sunday Scoop! You can link up too!!

DON'T FORGET to link up for Spotlight Saturday! It's not too late to share your Spotlight! This link up is like a Teacher's Show and Tell, where you can showcase your favorite products, resources, tips, tricks, activities, ideas, and anything else about your classroom that you love! This week I am Spotlighting Tweets from Kindergarten, and I can't wait to read all about your Spotlight!

6 comments:

  1. I found some super cute washi tape at the Target Dollar Spot the other day. Good luck with your ankle and your new planner ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've found lots of super cute Washi, I just don't know what to do with i!! :-) Thanks so much for your sweet words of encouragement, I'm trying really hard to be back to school ready!! :-)

      Delete
  2. Go you!!! I hope your laser treatment is a huge success!! I will probably hit up the target dollar spot again this week....shhhhh don't tell on me!!! I hope you get lots of creating down for TPT! You are on a roll right now:) Thanks for sharing your scoop friend!
    Jill
    Chevronandcenters

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much sweet friend!! I'm very optimistic for my being able to return to school in August! I hope you're able to finish up your room!
      Thanks so much for always being such a wonderfully supportive friend!

      Delete
  3. Hi, Erin. I'm glad that the laser treatments are enabling you to walk better. It sounds like you are looking forward to getting back to a normal routine with your precious kinders. My prayers are with you that you will be rehabbed enough to walk on your own by the new school year. That washi tape craze is pretty amazing. I bet if you checked Pinterest there would be plenty of great ideas to glean from. Wishing you many happy and healthy days ahead!
    Lori Ross
    Your Teacher Assistant

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your super sweet words! Such kindness and encouragement from this awesome community has really helped me to stay sane during my recovery process!! I'm hoping to be able to walk by the time school starts too! I've definitely been checking Pinterest for Washi ideas, that's always a great place to start!!
      Thank you so much for reading my post and leaving such great feedback, I really appreciate it!

      Delete