Pages

Sunday, July 26, 2015

Sunday Scoop 7-26-15

Ahh, Sunday. The day of the week widely known for relaxation and taking it easy. I'm currently relaxing on the recliner and using my laptop. What's your favorite way to relax on a Sunday? Personally I would love to be at the beach, but there' always next year!
Since it's Sunday, that means that I am linking up with The Teaching Trio for their totally fun Sunday Scoop linky party!

In case you're not familiar with this link up, you get to use the popular 3-2-1 organizer to tell us about your upcoming week. 3 things you HAVE to do, 2 things you HOPE to do, and 1 thing you're HAPPY to do.
Here's a peek at my week!!

HAVE TO
1. It is beyond past time to organize the files that are on my computer. My clipart is pretty well organized, so it's all the other files that need work. All of the different activities that i have downloaded as freebies or have paid for. Things sent to me from others. Honestly y'all, I don't even know what all I have on my computer anymore!! I need to weed things out and figure out what exactly I have so I now how to best use the resources that I've already saved!

2. I am getting really, really good at walking around using my walker. Next step is for me to start practicing standing up on my own two feet. I'm not quite ready to walk without the aide of the walker; it's still pretty painful to put weight on my ankle and my lower back ends up seizing up if I try moving without having the walker to lean on. However, I can usually stand up on my own. I'm practicing getting up from the couch and then just standing on my own two feet. I'm telling you guys, never ever ever take the simple stuff for granted!! Who knew I"d be almost 35 years old and having to re-learn the whole walking thing!!

3. Tomorrow is Round 8 of the laser surgery treatments on my ankle. I like the treatments not only because they are helping me, but because I get to get up and out of the house on 'doctor days'. I'm looking forward to a grown-up lunch and a trip to Target tomorrow!!! When you've been laid up on the couch for 7 months, it's the little things you start getting excited over!!

HOPE TO
1. I've been trying extra hard to create some new activities for the beginning of the school year. I need to get them finished up and posted to TPT. I'm one of those creators who needs to finish what I'm working on before I can start something new, otherwise I'd never get anything done! Gotta buckle down and crank out some creations!!

2. I'm headed back to school in a few weeks, and it's time to start making those seemingly never-ending lists of things that need to be done. Shopping lists, classroom set up lists, student lists, lesson idea lists...the lists go on and on! Lots of lists to write, so I should get started!!

HAPPY TO
I am very happy to figure out all the different ways I can use the incredibly amazing Pal that Lauren from Polka Dots and Pals created for me!!
Do you see this awesome creation?!?! I am so in love with how Lauren incorporated my obsession with al things dragon into my Pal!!! I'm also holding my cup of ice water, which I carry around with me everywhere! I am just so much in love with this Pal!! She does such an awesome job! You should definitely check out your own Pal! Lauren will be creating more Pals around Christmas time!!

Now that you've had a peek at my week, head on back to The Teaching Trio and see who else has linked up for Sunday Scoop!

Don't forget that it is not too late to link up with me for Spotlight Saturday! This link up is a Teacher's Show and Tell, where you can showcase your favorite products, activities, tips, tricks, resources, ideas, and anything else that is fabulous about your classroom life! Share your Spotlight with us and learn about some new must-haves by reading who else has linked up!

8 comments:

  1. Sending you good wishes on your recovery! Your dragons are adorable!
    Enjoy your day out... I look forward to following you.
    Thanks from MyDogAteMyHomework.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! It's a long, slow road but I'm looking forward to getting back on my own two feet! Thank you so much for the dragon love!! They are the creations of the amazing Scrappin' Doodles!
      Thank you so much for reading my post and leaving such sweet feedback, it really means a lot!!

      Delete
  2. Wishing you the best on your recovery! I'm glad to have stumbled across your blog on the Sunday Scoop! Have a wonderful week! Elementary Excellence

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It's going to take awhile, but I'm well on the road to getting back to myself!
      Thank you so much for stopping by and reading my post, it really means a lot!!

      Delete
  3. Organizing my computer is something I desperately need to do! I'll add it to my To Do List! lol :) Hope you have a great week!

    Carlee Van Ness
    The Kindergarten Press

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly for me, it's been on my To Do List for several weeks now!! I need to stop being such a slacker!! :-)
      Thank you so much for stopping by and reading my post, I really appreciate it!!!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! Polka Dots and Pals did such an amazing job, I love it!!
      Thanks so much for reading my Scoop and leaving comments, I really appreciate it!

      Delete